Monday, March 24, 2008

Primary Resources

March 24, 2008



Today we were assigned to individual seats with our one-to-0ne laptops. We started of with an introduction of what had been done last week, and our goal for the up comming weeks until we finaly become high school students.


Nearing the end of the semester ment closer to putting our "I am..." projects together. We started out with what we would be doing in class: finding primary resources to answer our questions from the project with facts, not opinions. Mr. Armstrong gave us a list of resources on the wiki we were able to use, these included ABC-CLIO, History Channel, American Voices and more(http://armstrong-history.wikispaces.com/I+Am+Project).



Not many of us (I'm sure), were clear with the term "primary resources." Mr. Armstrong started to explain what it was; he asked questions that related to what primary resources might be. Sungmo Koo gave the exact answer Mr. A wanted: primary sources DO NOT have opinions. After Sungmo said that, I got a clear image of what primary sources exactly are. After an exapmle of a primary source which is a letter Thomas Edison wrote, I was confident in what type of resources I had to be looking for.



During the rest of the class time, we worked on making changes to our wikispaces and looking for primary resources while Mr. A called indivuduals up to discuss the big question we had about our I Am... persons. For homework tonight, we had to find primary resource links we found and hyper link it to our wiki pages.
By: Deborah Kim 8B

1 comment:

8th Grade U.S. History said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!
I put primary resources everywhere instead of primary source. SO sorry to everyone who read this!