Friday, October 5, 2007

Productive Time of Study and the Blowhard

As what we did everyday, when we entered the room we shook Mr. Armstrong's hand, and assigned in pods. My pod, green, which were consisted of myself, Jenny L., Jorma B., Jenny Ci, and Justin L. When I first came in I wondered why Mr. Campbell came to us to watch. As Mr. Armstrong discussed about Quizlet, that it had problems that only one part could contain only 50 questions. Anyways we kept resuming on the resources that we needed to study like the Moodle Chat/Wikispaces/Podcasts. Then 8A itself started to get ready for podcasts for the entire 8th grade. This really scared me, because if I gave the wrong information to the others, maybe they'll get angry at me so. But we worked in pods to make sure our information is correct. Pod red got recommendations that the people who are listening to the person who's doing the 60 second blowhard should figure out mistakes. As each person went around in the class, finally was the death time: Recording the Podcasts. As one person each went by to the Science Test Room to get theirselves recorded, Mr. Campbell supervised us on studying. As time passed by it was my turn and I went into the horrors of the room. I was very nervous and spoke quite fast. I spoke on the Puritan Dissenters and how each person (Anne Hutchinson/Thomas Hooker/Roger Williams) did. As I finished I went back into the room. It was kind of loud, because we were all studying together and what to do together. I also figured that people who made the vocabularies had wrong definitions or non-specific definitions that made me confusing if this was the right person or not. Anyways today was a working period where we could boost up our skills. I personally think that the slideshows that Mr. Armstrong posted on helped me on tests, and I persuade everyone to see that. Even though today was a working period today, we worked as much as we can studying and recording our 60 second blowhard.
David K. 8A

No comments: