Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Afloat, Mostly - Jenny Ci.

Fortunately, today didnt consist of any loud arguments in guise of discussions. Noise level was down. My head felt much clearer that way. I was very thankful for that. We voted for class representative. Mr. Armstrong went through about 100 years of European and American history in about ten minutes. My interest was nearly nil, until he talked about Roanoke Island, which sort of reminded me of The Blair Witch Project. Much like the Age of Exploration theme, we were told to take notes after reading up on resources and questions on our laptops. Having taken U.S. History in fifth grade before, some of the names were disturbingly familiar. (But unfortunately I could not recall anything about them) Mr. Armstrong called up people and asked them about their note-taking. I must say I wasnt feeling pleasant when he called my name. My handwriting, along with condition my notebook is usually in and its structure, is a mess. Literally. My arms were starting to go white from pressing down on my notebook. Mr. Armstrong, if he did notice this condition at all, did not comment. I ended up relearning quite a lot more about Jamestown and other aspects of colonies. I spent the rest of the class wondering whether Space Age colonization might result in lesser aliens being enslaved by us. Mistakes shouldnt be repeated, right?

No comments: