Friday, August 31, 2007

Discussion time. Again Claire J. 8D

Well, today we had a discussion time again. Mr.Armstrong had informed us that we will be having a discussion probably every week. It would be a challenge for me and other shy students in my class, but I think its a good opportunity to learn how to make your voice heard. We had a topic about the joint-stock company, John Smith, and success and the failures of early settlers. I think our class did better than last time, because we did more listening this time. I think we will improve more as the year goes on. We respected each other, especially Terry and Young-Kyu showed some respect to each other. But in the middle of the discussion time, we got too loud and Mr.Armstorng said to listen to others, so we calmed down a little.
Today, there are many people I want to point out as class stars, but if I had to pick two, then I would pick Eddie and Sangwoo. I didn't know that Sangwoo was so active as others, but he brought up many good points. Mr.Armstrong also complimented him with his answers. Also Eddie gave a perfect example of ARE. He gave an argument, a reason, and evidence. He was also good at sourcing the information. Young-Kyu was very hillarious during the discussion. Mr.Armstrong asked a question about why the Russians would stick their flag to the bottom of the ocean. Young-Kyu answered by saying "Because the flag my float...?". It was very hillarious and everyone laughed. I think it was a really fun and comfortable discussion that everyone could join in. We could improve more, but it's only the second time we did this, so I think we did really good.

No comments: